HomeRequirements for travelers from the Disease Infected Zones
Requirements for travelers from the Disease Infected Zones
The People’s Republic of China (including Special Administrative Regions Macau and Hong Kong), The Republic of Korea, The Republic of Italy, The Islamic Republic of Iran
1. Before check-in at the airport of origin, the traveler must show the following documents to the airlines:
1.1 Non-Thai citizens
• Health certification describing "No laboratory evidence of COVID-19 infection in the previous 72 hours and no signs of illness in the 14 days prior to the departure date"
• Health insurance (in an amount of at least 100,000 USD) that should cover all expenditures of medical treatment while traveling to Thailand. The travelers need to purchase health insurance before traveling.
1.2 Thai citizens
• Health certification confirming that the passengers are fit to fly
• Letter issued by the Royal Thai Embassy, Thai Consular Office or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs certifying that the passengers are Thai nationals returning to Thailand.
2. People arriving in Thailand must fill in the health form (T.8 form) accurately and truthfully.
3. Passengers have to download the “AOT Airport of Thailand” mobile application (by scanning the QR Code) to record their information and monitor their health signs and symptoms until completing the duration of quarantine.
4. Travelers with fever and at least one of the following symptoms: cough, runny nose, sore throat, and difficulty breathing, must notify the disease control officers at the quarantine for control of communicable diseases office immediately upon arrival in Thailand.
5. All travelers will pass a fever screening through a thermal scan. Travelers who meet the criteria of surveillance will be referred to a designated hospital
6. All travelers who pass the initial fever screening must implement mandatory self-quarantine for 14 days at their registered hotels/accommodations and comply with the recommendations More details
• In the case of foreigners, they must implement self-quarantine at the registered hotels, condominium, or dormitories, in which a Proof-of-Address document in Thailand for at last 14 days can be provided to the disease control officers at the quarantine for control of communicable diseases office.
• In the case of Thai citizens, they must implement self-quarantine at his/her residence or designated areas (as determined by the Thai government), in which a Proof-of-Address document in Thailand can be provided to the officers.
• All of these people are not allowed to leave the quarantine areas until completing the duration of 14 days or until the lapse of the infectious period.
• The aforementioned people must record his/her presence with the disease control officers in the required channel of communication.
• If those travelers exhibit clinical symptoms, they have to report the disease control officers within three hours.